The following suggestions are intended for those of us who do not have professional housekeeping assistance. If you do have outside assistance, we suggest that you read our post – “11 Advantages of Hiring a Professional House Cleaning Services“
Our housekeepers suggest that you memorize and practice these principles. You’ll be amazed by your skill and efficiency after you’ve mastered it. You will undoubtedly surprise and astonish your friends and family.
These foundations can be mastered by anyone, yes, by anyone. Try them out. Adapt them. You will notice a change.
- Work in a systematic method – If you train yourself to work from left to right and top to bottom all the way around the room, you’ll get a lot more done in a lot less time.
- Keep your supplies near to reach – Take the ones you’ll need for a certain area and place them in a caddy to take with you – this will save you a lot of time.
- “If it ain’t dirty, don’t clean it,” – Unless you’re a cleaning maniac or have a lot of spare time. Every week, you do not have to clean everything.
- Reduce the number of cleaning products you use to a bare minimum – Look for products that can be used on a variety of surfaces, such as a multi-surface cleaner that can be used on almost any surface, even glass. Dish soap and warm water may also be used to clean everything from counters to floors. Finally, with a little water, great microfiber cleaning cloths can clean almost anything.
- Don’t scrub – Allow your cleaning solutions to do the job for you by spraying, allowing it to set, and then wiping it down. The longer you let your cleaning product stay on a dirty surface, the easier it gets to clean it. So, after spraying the tub, clean the remainder of the bathroom and then return to the tub.
- Read and adhere to the instructions – Every single time.
Even the tiniest improvements may have a big impact. Remember that every step you take will result in faster speeds and less tiredness.
But keep in mind that a spotless “eat-off-the-floor” home is not the most essential thing in life.